Wednesday, July 11, 2007

COOL RUNNINGS



Rupert has been shorn of his wool covering, though not his vanity, the sexy devil! Now he is ready to run like the wind.

Here is his Before picture:



And here is his After:



The white lines in his fur are what separate the amateur groomers from the pros. I, alas, am still an amateur, but as long as we keep Rupert away from a mirror for a week or so, no harm is done. And this is a kink we hope to have worked out by next summer, when I also expect the shearing time to be cut in half, from two days to one.



I am especially proud of the job I did on his butt. It was a tangled, matted mass of cockleburs, bird nests and who knows what. But after much coaxing and hours of razor-mania, it's the most dapper derriere I've ever beheld.



(Stay tuned for my own Before and After pics. I have to get sufficiently "after" in my exercise regimen first.)

4 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Ben said...

You finally cut his hair! He looks great!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Wow, he really looks fantastic. (And no bald cap this year!)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger kc said...

He is soft like a lamb now and he enjoys being petted even more because he can feel it better.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Ben said...

Ooh, I can't wait to pet him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home